Have you experienced a severe vaccine reaction? If so then you’re not alone!
No medical product is without risk, and vaccination is no exception, despite marketing campaigns that claim otherwise. There are over a million people in the US alone that have experienced adverse reactions to the covid-19 vaccine. But we are here to help guide you as you navigate the complicated maze of vaccine reaction.
Below are beginner guides to help you understand the process, how it works, and the appropriate agencies that you need to report to. As well as guides to walk you through reporting the reaction and filing a claim for injury. If at any point in the process you find you need assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Info@HealthChoiceMaine.org.
Report the Event
Report any adverse event to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).
VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning it relies on individuals to send in reports of their experiences. Anyone can submit a report to VAERS, including parents and patients.
After accessing the VAERS system to Report an Adverse Event, you’ll find two options.
Option 1: Report Online
After choosing this option, enter your information online.
- There are 5 sections that will need to be completed to the best of your ability.
- Patient Information
- Reporter Information
- Facility Information
- Vaccine Information
- Additional Information
- It’s incredibly important to be as specific and detailed as possible. Make sure all dates are accurate, such as date of vaccination. Make sure you state explicitly the amount of time between vaccination and the onset of symptoms. Describe your symptoms accurately and with detail.
- After completing a section, click “Next” at the bottom right of the page to move on to the next sections.
- After completing all sections, click “Submit” at the bottom right of the page.
Option 2: Report Using a PDF Form
After choosing this option, follow the instructions on the page.
- Download the PDF form and save it to your computer.
- Right click on the “Download the Writable PDF Form” button, then select “Save Link As” or “Save Target As” to save the form to your computer.
- Complete the form electronically on your own time.
- Save your completed form on your computer.
- Submit the completed PDF form to VAERS using the “Upload the Writable PDF Form” button.
For severe COVID-19 vaccine reactions, once you have reported your reaction to VAERS you may qualify for compensation.
Read this helpful information about the Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP).
If you’re not sure if something you’ve experienced may have been caused by the COVID-19 vaccine then check out this list, which is pulled directly from Pfizer’s own data … that we were never meant to see.
Share Your Story
Once you have reported your adverse reaction, we encourage you to share your story.
Every injury matters, and every story matters. By sharing yours it helps us to raise awareness to risks. It also helps us build a network and amplify our voices together.
You can share your story in writing or by video. To do so, please send an email to Info@HealthChoiceMaine.org.